El Salvador November 2019 Conclusion
We just landed in Denver and we are already missing our new El Salvadoran friends.
Our trip to El Salvador consisted of...
• 6 unique team members from Woodmen who enjoyed God-given unity.
• 3 incredible Compassion translators who not only facilitated connection with the staff and kids, but also shared their hearts and lives with us.
• 1 impressive driver who loves Jesus and could navigate and maneuver like a Formula 1 driver.
• 3 amazing Compassion centers we had a chance to visit.
• Hundreds of adorable children we had the chance to play with, hug and represent Christ to.
• 1 day at the mud spa / hot springs with 12 fabulous staff from Woodmen’s partner Compassion center - with team building, devotions, prayer and lots of mud :).
• 15 times we preformed the duck song with embarrassing dance moves.
• 1 surprise birthday party.
• 9 stories of redemption shared in the evenings.
• 1 crazy scavenger hunt.
• 2 hearts that love knitting were knit together when a suitcase full of yarn and needles was presented to Isela.
• a ton of sweat and dirty clothes from the heat and humidity.
• 3 unforgettable home visits to see how the children live.
• 1 child who lost a sponsor gained a new sponsor and a big sister.
• 2 piñatas that we helped create.
• 3 imaginary teammates.
• 632 pictures.
• 1 orchestra and choir comprised of Compassion children - performing in the National theater.
• countless memories.
• an insane amount of laughter.
• increased perspective and understanding.
• an immeasurable amount of dignity and hope given by Compassion, through the local churches
Thank you so much for your prayers!
- Karin Harper